Thursday, February 8, 2007

Public View

So I've been sitting at the Daily Grind for a couple of hours and as I was sitting here I realized something: I have become one of "those" people. You know, the one that sits there and acts like they are working on something, but really they are listening to everything and everyone that is speaking...

Well, tonight it paid off, at least in terms of Global Peace and Conflict...

I was sitting here enjoying my turkey sandwhich when an older couple sat down at the table beside me. The T.V. happened to be on CNN, which seemed to spur a conversation between the people.

Now I didn't catch the entire conversation, and I didn't exactly get their full positions, but what I did hear were two people talking about issues such as Iraq, 9/11, George W. Bush, Nancy Pullosi, and so on....

Well even though I don't know their stance, It struck me as interesting to hear people talking about the issues. Generally, now days, most people just don't like to talk about it...so I guess it gave me a little hope that there are some people that care about the issues. I don't know if I am more aware of things now do to this class or what. But I think I can appreciate that....

No comments: